I have a MASSIVE sweet tooth & just enough insanity to make some really tasty, crazy desserts.
I call these "Hooray For Boobies" (silly, I know, but it works!)
You Will Need:
ghirardelli white chocolate truffles (24)
strawberry cake, baked & chilled (pillsbury, dunken hines or the like)
tub of strawberry icing
white melting chips
pink food coloring
pink & white sprinkles
tube of hot pink icing to pipe with
Here's What You Do:
1. Bake your cake according to box directions. When done, let get to room temperature then pop in freezer for a few hours.
2. When your cake is nice & cold, crumble it in a bowl and add the entire tub of strawberry icing. Mix very well.
3. Put cake/icing mixture back in freezer for 2 hours.
4. After the mixture is frozen, divide your mixture into golf ball sized circles.
5. Flatten each circle, then place a ghirardelli truffle in the middle. GENTLY fold the cake/icing mixture around the truffle until it covers it like a ball. I say GENTLY because you don't want to pop the truffle.
6. Once you have all your truffle cake balls made, pop them in the refrigerator for an hour or so.
7. Melt your white melting chips & add a few drops of pink food coloring until you get your perfect pink color.
8. Pour your pink & white sprinkles onto a deep plate or dish.
9. Roll the truffle cake ball in the pink melted mixture to coat, then immediately roll in the sprinkles then place on the wax paper.
10. Once the truffle cake balls are hardened to the touch, pipe a Breast Cancer Ribbon on each & you're done!
People will be so surprised when they bite in and discover not only sprinkles & melted chips, also a delicious cake ball with a hidden gourmet chocolate center!