- Chevron patterns are huge right now. Since we're fully into the Summer season, stay away from the neutrals & blacks and snap up a chevron piece in a bright, fun color. A table cloth or table runner would be a lovely base to begin your decorating with.
- Bold colors are another way to liven up a party. Happy colors like tangerine, sunflower, turquoise, and lime add a strong pop of color to your party decor. Think about using 3-4 small vases full of bright flowers along the middle of your table. The colors are eye pleasing and the flowers will add a pleasant aroma.
- Choose a color scheme. Try and pick three to four colors and accessorize that way. Right now I'm loving turquoise, candy pink and neon green. Use your chosen colors to create a tablescape, bunch up balloons, or divide foods by color.
- You don't have to have a "reason" to throw a party. Have a casual dinner party, or a sweets party simply because you feel like it. Who says you can't have an anytime party?
- Get creative and make party favors. It could be something as simple as a small tote filled with beach items for a beach-style party, or a box of cookies or a candy basket for the ride home, or even something extravagant like personalized matchbooks.
- Pay attention to detail. For an example, mason jars as drinking glasses would add to the theme. Top them off with a striped straw for a cute look. Think about creating a special drink or dessert just for the event.
June 26, 2012
Trendspotting: Party Time!
I find that when planning a party, the right accessories are key. From tablecloths to the menu, there are countless options for creativity.