It's pretty easy to use a program like IFTTT (I'm totally guilty of this) to help navigate the tricky path to getting your posts recognized. IFTTT is a site that lets you link your social media together (basically, it's the duct tape of the internets that makes unrelated tools play nicely together) so that your content goes out to many platforms when it's posted.
With any program designed to help, there has to be a few drawbacks. After all, nothing is completely perfect. The thing is, with a program like IFTTT, you're got convenience but lack originality. Every single one your posts will be broadcast through your social networks, each one saying the same thing. That's both good & bad, depending on how you look at it.
If you're looking for something more original, it's going to take some hard work and plenty of creativity. Focus on the platforms that you use the most. Figure out what makes them stand out to you and play to those strengths.
- Facebook used to be fun for me. But considering they've morphed into a money grubbing monster, people will rarely see my content...that is, unless I want to pay them what I consider a lot of money just for my posts to be seen by my followers. I feel like that's a bunch of crap. Facebook is seriously losing it's appeal with me.
- I pretty much always post to Twitter. Twitter lets you hashtag to your heart's content which is great, really, because that's how people who use search find the things they're looking for. It's also pretty spiffy to get a notice saying someone RT'd or favorited your post. It's pretty awesome to be able to connect with people using only 170 characters, you know?
- Now, Instagram and I have a committed relationship. I love it, I do. I go through phases where I want to take photos of everything. Everything, y'all. See this cat! See this lipstick! See this pasta! LOL but the great thing about that is....everyone else does the same thing. I spend a lot of time 'hearting' photos and I just love it when someone 'hearts' mine. Also, comments are the best. I periodically share blog posts on there to when I think about it...
- I really don't understand the point of Google+. I mean, I do my customary +1/share my posts, hashtag them and all that, but I just don't know if it's doing anything for me other than letting me know when someone comments on an actual blog post. Love that. Loooooove me some comments.
- Pinterest used to be this simple, fun way to look at things you think you want to make but probably never will. It was a literal time suck. Hours pass by without notice as the thought of pinning draws you in. As frustratingly OCD as I am, I have to have perfection on my boards. Those boards have to have pretty cover photos & there has to be no double-pinning. Yeah, I'm weird. So what?
If you've read through all of this and still don't think I'm completely nuts, then follow me on my social media! The links are at the top of the right sidebar. Let's be friends!